View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
idk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I'd imagine wingers and replacement centres would be a target for them, which is why I would think Kristo and Desharnais could be of interest.

He has likely "hung around as an RFA with no offers" due more to the GMs looking to curb the big money 2nd contract and try to set the ELC exiting players up to a Bridge deal system than his abilities.
Then why trade for him in the first place?

I believe it's been said that ROR wants five million. I don't recall hearing him only wanting five million from the Avalanche, nor do I recall any talk of problems with the organization itself (outside of the fact they won't pay him what he thinks he's worth). If you're trading for ROR you're going to be paying him around five million per or he's just going to hold out on you too.

The only way I can see the price for him going above a first and a second is if the other GMs start a bidding war for him. As you point out the GMs are reticent to break away from the bridge deal system, so I really doubt a bidding war happens in that case.

For the Avalanche it's a matter of market economics. If all the GMs know they will have to pay ROR about five million, and they know that the Avalanche will not sign him at that price, and they know that they can have him at that price for a first and a second (and are willing to spend that price) then it'd be pretty stupid to pay more than that for him (unless they don't have their first and second picks - then they can't make an RFA bid for him...). It has nothing to do with the skills and abilities of the player.