View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:31 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
O'Reilly is asking for too much. 5 million for an unproven player is a risky move. colorado wouldn't want dd, and the asking price will be high. imagine something like eller, 1st and tinordi type deal. too damn rich.
I'm just giving a scenario where I'd consider a move (without saying I'd actually pull the trigger). If a player like Ryan O'Reilly is available, you have to at least stay alert and ask for what they want for him.

Besides, you have absolutely no evidence DD would not interest the Avs, and that they'd ask for 3 assets, when the price has been repeatedly reported to be a top-6 NHL player, and a good prospect. In this case, Desharnais + Beaulieu would logically fit the bill. If it's more than that, or if you're unwilling to pay that for O'Reilly, you turn the page and keep looking at what's available. But the only instances where I'd be willing to give some young pieces or draft picks (that are not in the 1st round), is if an under 25 years old player becomes available and can be acquired on the long term.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote