View Single Post
Old
12-18-2003, 04:02 PM
DaleHunter

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
sorry if i'm uninformed. all i had ever heard about Zubrus was that he was an underachiever, and while he is headed for a career year, 21 points in 32 games isn't phenomenal for a player of his talent. i would think Robert Lang has been your most complete forward, BTW. maybe i'm wrong there too.
Lang is a complete forward... but he doesn't get any real time on the PK. Zubrus does. Zubrus led the team in ice time with something like 30 minutes the other night. And when the Caps have a scoring chance, Zubrus is usually the cause of it, or right in the middle of it. The guy was an underachiever before he came to Washington, and he was a bit inconsistent and underachieving the last two seasons. Even so, he was never "on the block" as you've put it... not sure where you got the idea he was.

This season though, he has been everything we wanted him to be and more. The proposals I made were with the assumption that he could continue this level of play and/or increase his scoring output even more. I realize that ya, they were pretty much asking for the moon, but I think that is the type of deal that it would take for McPhee to trade him.

Call me a homer or whatever, but I think Zubrus is one of our brightest points on an otherwise frustrating season so far. I don't want him traded... and considering GM McPhee loves the guy too... I don't see him traded anytime soon.