Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [NAS/STL] Jani Lajunen for Scott Ford
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Still it doesn't make much sense for St.Louis/Peoria.

They traded their farm captain (Ford that is) for a guy who has 5 points this season.

I understand that Lajunen adds depth to their roster but that's not something they need. They already have Della Rovere down in the ECHL.

Plus, why would they want Bouvet-Morrisette? He has 2 points in 20 games in the ECHL.

At least the acquisition of Hetenyi could have a purpose. It gives them a goaltender that they can easily call up to the AHL, in case one of their goaltenders (NHL or AHL) gets injured.

Anyway, it's obviously not a big deal. Neither team really lost, but it's still a strange deal.
I think there are a couple of reasons the Blues made the trade. First, the Blues are going to be even younger next year in the AHL - with Jaskins, Rattie, and a few other from the CHL. More additions on the wing, but NO centers. A lack of complete depth there.

Also, the organization would like to bring over two dmen from Finland. Adding a native Fin who has been in the US will help with the transition.

Finally, I think many organizations will do right by their players. Ford spent a lot of time w/ the Admirals, and since there was no chance he would make the Blues, St. Louis may have returned him to his home team. Something about having roots in a city.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote