View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Marchand a skull and crossbone marking???
I'm sure he'd prefer it that way.

Glad to hear about Lucic's family being OK. Illness in a small child is just so frightening.

Some scattered thoughts on practice:

They were so depleted there wasn't any real line work. They worked on PP reps quite a bit, with Krejci, Pevs and Seguin taking turns on the half wall, Lucic doing the butt-in-front-of-goalie thing, and Seguin and Marchand getting time in the high slot.

They also did a lot of work on shooting high, both from in close and from the blue line in. Chara, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Peverley and Seguin did a lot of one-timers, with Seidenberg ending practice with Houda feeding him for several minutes, until the net was practically filled.

They also did some work on tip-ins from directly in front. All the forwards were in on that.

For about the last half of practice they worked from the blue line in, with a mixed group of guys battling to score/keep them from scoring. The defensemen were mixed in playing on offense too.

It's easy to see why Hey-you-kids-get-off-my-lawn (aka Dupont) loathes Seguin - he has too much fun. He was smiling and chatting with Julien near the start of practice, then got into play scuffles near the end with Krejci, Seidendberg and of course Marchand, making all of them smile as well.

Big crowd at practice with school vacation, and Shawn Thornton absolutely made one teen girl's year when he smiled at a sign she held up for him. I thought she was going to either pass out or jump right out of her boots.

Addendum - tweet from Ference:

Quote:
Andrew Ference ‏@Ferknuckle
Thanks for the “feel better” messages. Much better this afternoon. I hope it hasn’t hit anyone else. 7 guys missing might be a new record.

Last edited by Artemis: 02-19-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added tweet
Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote