Thread: Prospect Info: Jonas Brodin (Part III)
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Yeah, I don't see a problem with Suter. He is very good at keeping it in and moves the puck very well. No he doesn't shoot it as much, but his shot isn't nearly as good as Weber's was. He might shoot more eventually when he gets into different habits.

Spurgeon actually has been the only defenseman I've seen who will step up with the puck on the PP and get guys moving. He also is willing to shoot. But he does lose the puck occasionally.

I would have Suter-Gilbert and Brodin-Spurgeon as my defensive pairings on the PP...

I can't stand that we just have a guy sitting in front of the net doing nothing and another guy sitting off to the side.

The Wild seem to be stuck either moving the puck from the top of the umbrella to either half wall or from the half wall to the top or corner. So it's like we're down by two men. Other teams skate and force guys out of position. We just pass around and let them box us out.
That's actually a pretty good idea. Brodin has shown that he is advanced years beyond his age, and Spurgeon is pretty good at shooting the puck and creating space. I'm sold.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote