View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
objectiveposter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
I agree with this. Under the assumption that Seattle closes on the NBA relo, I consider Seattle being the next market (relo or expansion) to be about as close to a lock as you can get without Bettman making an actual announcement.
this is true.. but Bettman also likes to reward people who play by his rules.. which means keep your mouth shut and do what I say. Winnipeg did that and now Quebec City is doing the same...

...one of the issues for seattle is ownership... assuming the Seattle NBA deal closes that wont happen for at least another month...and then you have until May to find an owner that is willing to pay 170 mill or more on a team that will have to pay rent on the arena and doesnt collect the arena revenues... and will have only a few short months to sell 12k plus season tickets in a new market... not to mention renovations at the key arena where the new owner will likely take a big binancial hit for a few years. Now compare that to Quebec. So even though the NHL might prefer Seattle the reality is its not practical for Seattle to land both an NBA and NHL team at the same time with seperate owners and have both playing next year.. I just dont see it happening