View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
So, you are telling me it has happened twice and one was widely successful and the other time not so much. Think this is a perfect example of what a small sample will do for you. Also, consider that Pearson was a #12 overall pick. Don't think the situation is even vaguely the same with Drouin and MacKinnon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Also, while it isn't 100% the same situation, I'd point to Matt Moulson and John Tavares as the perfect example of chemistry yielding dividends. The two weren't linemates so much as old acquaintances and their success is pretty impressive, especially since the Kings had totally given up on Moulson.
No, I'm saying that having two linemates coming in with a lot of hype is extremely uncommon. I only recall those two, but it doesn't mean I'm not forgetting someone. I could mention Brad Richards and Vinny Lecavalier in Tampa Bay, but Lecavalier was the consensus #1 player coming into the year and Richards was thought to be a massive reach in the 3rd round.

I can also mention guys like Martin St. Louis and Eric Perrin, who were linemates for four years at Vermont and then for a year with the Cleveland Lumberjacks but whose reunion was nothing special in Tampa Bay.