Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 02:37 PM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
He looked a little better on Sunday IMO.

What I see is a conditioning thing. He doesn't have that second step to his game and his stops and starts are too long. Gross wrote up a piece on him about 10 days ago and Brad was quoted as saying that there are nights he doesn't feel in game shape.

Many have mentioned how cerebral a player he is and how he can get away with not having the greatest physical attributes on the ice - and I agree - but only to a certain extent. He has found himself in tight situations where he normally buys himself a half-second more (and thats all he needs) to make a play, instead he gets knocked off the puck or doesnt get a clean pass or shot off.

Its getting there though, and I think veterans like Richards rely heavily on camps to prime themselves for the season. We are 5 weeks into the season now so it should start to come around.

Like a lot of fans I get worried, but its understandable considering his age. I feel like Brad is the type of competitor that will will his way through this.
Good post. I just saw that I wrote something very similar a few minutes after you, but thought you expressed yourself a bit better.