View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 03:12 PM
Devil X

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
I've only seen one or two say he's untouchable, the rest of the board are just wary of trading our best prospect because what he has the potential to do/be. That's all it is right now, potential, but he has a much higher chance of turning into something great than our other defensive prospects (Gelinas, Urbom and so on). I think most of us would at least want to see what he can do with Albany.

And we need to get younger on the blueline considering the age of some of our D-men. Zidlicky, Salvador and Tallinder aren't getting any younger and two of them are probably gone pretty soon. Then our d prospects will hopefully be ready to step in and be given the chance to show what they can do.

You let Merrill, Gelinas and Urbom battle it out for one/two spots and trade whomever becomes expendable.
Said it perfectly!

Its not about what he has done on the college leave its the potential he has. His ceiling is higher then them anyone in out system on the blue line not named Larrson. I wouldnt say he is untouchable not at all. I do see and understand the thought of people not wanting to move him for a older player, and requesting a young more controllable player if possible.

Fact of the matter is none of us have any idea what is value is. All it takes is one GM to over value him as a prospect and Lou walks away with a steal of a trade.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote