View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post

Are we prepared to trade RoR for MDZ? I am not. This trade needs to POTENTIALLY at least be a home run. I am expecting a bit of a lesser roster player with a prospect that can be dynamite.
It's not my number one choice. As you probably know, that's Yandle for me, given he's had a higher offensive output in his career.

At a certain point, we'll probably have to settle for the next best option though. MDZ brings a big offensive and PP element to the Avs that they are sorely missing, and is still young and growing his overall game. I'm concerned over what the end result will be in the prospect we pick up if we go the route you suggest. Realistically, how much better than MDZ is it going to end up being? I think they're first and second best options have to be for at least a somewhat proven NHL player, preferably an offensive defenseman, as the center piece.

It will be tough to hit a home run with an O'Reilly trade, and bring in a player that will have as much impact for the Avs that O'Reilly would have.