View Single Post
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
150lbs of Playoffs
vCash: 550
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Eller is a perfect example of what we need, we have the offense on the wings. We need a centre who can control the puck down low and win ****ing FOs!
Yeah, it seems games that Calgary's dominated in the FO circle, they're also dominated on the score board. You'd think this problem would have been addressed. But I think going into camp people thought:
Backlund, Stajan and Begin would have enough juice on the dot to be able to win a few, to counter the poor numbers Calgary always seems to have on the top line (for the past 5+ years).

Horak got dominated last night, and Begin, although every previous year he's been good for a solid 50+%, is down to under 30 I believe.

I'm really unsure about Calgary. One night you get this team, that doesn't give up, plays hard, the next game you get a dud. Jarome is pretty useless currently, and for a team that still thinks of him as a top liner, he's really not shown it. Cammy's finding his groove, and I like the Glencross - Stajan - Stemp line this year, I think the play of those three really compliments.
It really sucks that Backlund went down, because I truly believe that Cervenka - Backlund - Hudler would have been pretty dominate with the puck, Horak's done okay; but I think Backlund gives you a little bump in skill.

Can anyone say that if Calgary traded Jarome at the start of this year, this team would be any different in the standings?

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote