View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfish View Post
Sorry to throw a little reality out there but Pouliot is far from an NHL failure, unless you equate a high draft Pick not becoming a Star as "failure". Steve Yzerman signed him to a $1.8 mil contract for 2012-13 and he already has 5 goals and 10 points this year. I agree wiht you on a couple of comments, Lemaire tended to doghouse and blackball players he didn't like, and he didn't like Pouliot. Probably for another thing you ragged on him for - lack of heart.

But the fact is he's very much an NHL player right now. Not a Star but not a fringe guy, either. In my kmind making $ millions and playing in the NHL on Lecavalier's wing isn't "failure."
Well, to be fair, I think BP's true value is in between what you two say. I don't think he's a total failure but also don't think I'll be willing to give him the money he is being given for a regular spot with the Wild.

He plays 12:38 minutes a game, good enough for the 9th forward on the Tampa Bay roster, 9th forward in ES time with 10:18, 7th forward in PP time, and nothing on PK.

I think he was a bust with the Wild, the way we play and the way we needed him to play. We didn't have star players to rely on for our offense (we are still struggling with that).

The Wild had no room for players that could compliment offensive players but thats it. Because of some of our bad drafting and development, we don't have the luxury of having a Stamkos, a St Louis and a Lecavalier carry the team. Koivu, while a great two-way player, is not someone to carry a team's offense by himself.

Parise helps, but we're still quite a one line team. Seeing Zucker energize the 2nd line the way he did last game, gives me hope that just maybe we might have a dangerous team next year with Zucker probably becoming a regular, Granlund getting used to the NA rinks, and a more well-rounded blueline that can contribute to the offense (Brodin will develop that part of his game soon and developing chemistry with Suter).