Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Wildfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Granlund hasn't looked out of place for more than a week now! He looks better at center now than both Cullen and Brodziak IMO.
Quick look at numbers from last four games:

11 Feb, Calgary OT Win - TOI 19:14, no pts, -1
12 Feb, Rout by Nucks - 12:59, 1 PP 2nd assist when he passed to Cullen and Cullen whipped it out to Seto for his big blast
14 Feb, OT loss to Colo - 15:37, -1, assist on Rupp's graceful goal
17 Feb, Win vs Det - only 8:26 TOI, +1 with an assist due to touching the puck taking the face off, when Mitchell ripped the seeing eye back hand through the scrum that went through the minor league goalie's huge 5 hole

I agree that he has looked better recently but mainly in relation to the fact he looked so bad the first couple weeks.

I could see it going either way with Granlund. I don't think it would be a bad thing at all if he got sent to Houston. On the other hand, he is gaining experience playing against NHL players. I'd just prefer to not see him as the 2nd Line Center, because he's not up to the job, YET, IMO. I'd like to see him play more wing personally. I don't think some games as 4th Line Center getting 2nd Unit PP time and at least 8 min TOI are hurting him at all, in fact the exact oppposite.