Thread: Devils Defense
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

vCash: 500
First, I think we have one of the better defenses in the NHL, it may lack star power but its got the right mix of skills required to move the puck and also more importantly to stop the opposition.

I tend to agree with most that Salvador is probably our biggest concern.

Zidlicky isn't great defensively but we need his skills on the PP. At even strength he is only getting third pairing minutes so he is used well. I don't think he will be re-signed as eventually Larsson should have a shot at PP time, although I said the same thing last season about thinking Salvador was not going to be re-signed.

I'm a fan of Volchenkov. The team needs his toughness, shot blocking skills for the PK. Again, I think he is managed well by the coaching staff to limit his minutes during even strength.

Greene and Fayne are very consistent and of course Larsson is a budding star of the future.

The odd player out is Tallinder, mainly due that the team is not going to trade or scratch its captain. I'm not sure what we can get for him but not playing him will obviously effect his trade value which why I think he has been re-inserted in the lineup lately for Fayne.

Harold is a perfect 7th defenseman and provides excellent depth in case of injuries.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote