View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 05:02 PM
Art of Sedinery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeBait View Post
Sure everyone is entitled to their hunches, but all I'm saying is that if you believe Giroux is a consistent 90+ player then your belief isn't justified by the numbers he's put up throughout his career. Giroux's development has been drastically different than every consistent 90+ point player in the league, and all signs support his 90p season being a "fluke" not his new normal. I understand he's been trending upwards, as most players his age are, but that alone doesn't provide enough evidence to believe he is now in the company of Stamkos, Malkin and Crosby offensively.

Why does it make people so upset that I'm putting him in a group with Datsyuk, Kovalchuck and Spezza (consistent 70-80 point players) who can all pass 90 points in a given season but not necessarily consistently instead of a group with Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos the only players in the league who produce over 90 points consistently?
Because he's 24 years old, and you are holding it against him that he hasn't had a chance to prove consistency yet, due to his young age.

Art of Sedinery is offline   Reply With Quote