View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Turn on them? Not at all.

I think your interpretation of reality is a bit off. A lot of fans definitely WANTED to see Tangradi/Caputi succeed, but lets face it -- not all prospects pan out.

While Tangradi had size, pedigree, and a proven scoring knack.. he was an awful player at the NHL level. The guy did literally nothing and it was impossible to justify his spot in the lineup on a nightly basis.

Fans are smart enough to recognize when a player is a "dime a dozen" like Tangradi -- I call that smart analysis, not some sort of treason like you describe it. We watch enough hockey to recognize when a prospect is truly extraordinary or whether they're just an overhyped disappointment.

Personally, I don't think fans sharing their honest assessments of prospects classifies as "turning on them".

I really can't believe people are still ******** over trading Tangradi. Look - the guy (1) wasn't producing (2) wasn't developing (3) wasn't better than any other player on this roster and (4) looked completely lost throughout his whole tensure.

When you have a player with those characteristics, it makes sense to trade them to another team. It's a normal scenario that regularly plays out in the NHL and I don't understand why people can't seem to grasp this. Not all prospects can live up to the hype and expectations that we bestow on them. This won't be the first time and it won't be the last.

In Tangradi's case, he didn't even come *close* to expectations.

It happens. That's why they say the draft is a crapshoot.
As I said to UB44 already, I don't care if people want to say he didn't show enough. That's fine. I disagree. People say he got a fair shake. That's fine to. However, I disagree with that as well. If we all agreed this place would be boring.

I'm not losing any sleep over him being gone and I've stated a dozen times he wasn't even in my top five favorite prospects. However, the **** said about him over the years was so idiotic I kept jumping in to defend him, just like I did for three years with Kadri, even though I really don't care all that much for him.

The thing I don't respect is people calling Tangradi a ********, a POS, worthless, Tangradidiot, etc and their disdain for him oozes out of every idiotic word they type. Not just on here, but other msg boards I casually scan, article comments, talk show morons, etc. I've followed hockey prospects since I was 12 years old and never saw people act so ****ed up towards a Pens prospect.

Anyone who gets that bent out of shape over a 24 yr old trying to find his way in the NHL, really needs a life.

People WILL turn on BB if he struggles. I'm 100% sure of that. They are already seeing **** that isn't there. People tend to see ghosts when they want to see something badly enough.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote