02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I have my doubts about that.
No, that's certain. It's dropping to 64.3 next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
forget, jake, this team is always passing which is my biggest problem with this team, that's why they cant beat the devils or good trap teams, they are always being fancy with the puck, you are telling me that's the way to win?
Going back to last season, shots for/against while playing the Devils is 213-214. We are matching them in shots. That's not the issue. There's more to hockey than just hurling everything on net. Shot quality matters, and passing improves shot quality.

I agree that this team needs to get more shots on net. However, sitting Voracek does nothing to help that...if anything, it would have the opposite effect. Voracek creates shooting opportunities for others. Sitting Voracek, who is also 4th on the team in shots (in addition to creating chances), doesn't help the team shoot more. Especially if he's being sat for Knuble, who has 1.38 shots per game compared to Voracek's 2.29 shots per game.

Edit: If you ignore Voracek's absolutely terrible start to the season, his recent shooting rate is higher. That stat is dragged down by his heinous first 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 02-19-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote