View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
The team has also acquired forward Andre Bouvet-Morrissett (pro: boo-VAY moor-EE-set) and goaltender Zoltan Hetenyi (huh-TEN-ee) from the Admirals in exchange for future considerations. Both players are currently playing in the ECHL and are not expected to join the Rivermen at this time.
Why were they included in this deal then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I think there are a couple of reasons the Blues made the trade. First, the Blues are going to be even younger next year in the AHL - with Jaskins, Rattie, and a few other from the CHL. More additions on the wing, but NO centers. A lack of complete depth there.

Also, the organization would like to bring over two dmen from Finland. Adding a native Fin who has been in the US will help with the transition.

Finally, I think many organizations will do right by their players. Ford spent a lot of time w/ the Admirals, and since there was no chance he would make the Blues, St. Louis may have returned him to his home team. Something about having roots in a city.
That's IF Lajunen remains in North America next year.

-----
With all this movement, Milwaukee just sent Patrick Cehlin to Cincinnati. Cehlin was ranked 7th in points with Milwaukee. It seems like a another weird move because Cehlin had decent stats (20 points in 45 games)

Honestly, it seems like David Poile was bored in his office today and he wanted to see a little action. He traded Lajunen, he sent two guys to the ECHL (Cehlin and Aronson), he got rid of two guys in his ECHL affiliate (Bouvet-Morrisette and Hetenyi) and he acquired Ford.

I understand that he wanted to bring back Scott Ford, but I don't believe that it required so much movement.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote