View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Are you only watching TSN and reading the Gazette ?? Because, for two years, in the "french" media, he was the go to guys for these years. You can't deny it... for most francophon fans (I'm not saying all, I couldn't care less if you are or anyone else is francophon "and don't care about him" crap), he was an important part of this team.

I'm not saying it was right or wrong and I'm not (nor do I want) starting a debate, just bringing facts. Local players tend to have a more important part in the team (every team, btw).

I'm not saying he needs to be on higher pedestal, but he surely was more than the player he was on the ice, sorry for anyone who isn't happy with this.
Darche was not the one demanding ice time and time on the top two lines. His coaches , Martin and Cunneyworth gave him responsabilities beyond his skills and talent. But he gave everything he could ans was a very honest performer. Plus he was paid peanuts by nhl standards.,

The guy was on the media too often because he was one of the very rare guy who could communicate to the fans in French. Not his fault, again.