View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
So far, I can confidently say that Sid Smith was a competent defensive player. Competent, decent or good? That's another story. I'm very happy with the evidence I have so far, but we'll see what else I can discover.
Smith was known as somewhat defensively questionable when he was young, but improved in time. I know that because I found evidence of it and went after HO's team with that tidbit waaaay back in the ATD#10 finals. You can go check the finals thread for what I found...hopefully the link still works. His Vs2 scoring finishes are actually very similar to Rick Martin's, with a bit less longevity:

Rick Martin:
82, 75, 72, 70, 63, 62, 58, 51

Sid Smith:
83, 77, 73, 65, 64, 57

...though both guys were primarily triggermen and produced more goals than assists, so raw scoring finishes will underrate them somewhat (though their lack of playmaking is a drawback). Smith led the Leafs in playoff goalscoring twice in years they won the Cup, which is pretty nice. He's a strong pick at this point, and is definitely a viable ATD scoringline player, though he's not the only one still out there...