View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 06:50 PM
tjcurrie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Yes, I'm happy coasting along missing the playoffs. Clearly getting rid of Eriksson will fix that.

There's no reason why Loui can't play for this team for the next decade.

The Stars aren't behind the curve on young talent at all.

You've given no actual examples as far as who you're moving Loui for and why it would make sense for both teams.
I'm not thinking of this season. Obviously dealing Loui for younger players/prospects wouldn't help right now. I'm looking more at stockpiling guys in their early 20s to grow with Benn, Oleksiak, and the others I mentioned. And as much as you think that would set us back, players that age are proving to be able to help out much sooner than later.

I don't think we're any better than average on young talent to be honest. Not much better if we are. And to me, that's not good enough. Decent isn't where I want to be when other teams are decent-good-great.

Another 20-something being traded for youth is Mike Richards to L.A. for Brayden Schenn. I know Richards helped L.A. win a Cup, but Schenn is a darn good young player and I'd do that deal over and over again if I'm Philly. Again, this is what I would do if the same type of player was available (or a good D-man). That's what this is about. I don't need to scour for specific names to make this credible. If there's something out there, pull the trigger. If not, obviously we're in good hands holding on to Loui.

tjcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote