Thread: Speculation: Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Christ looking at all the assets we have, If we actually blow it up completely we can have like 6 1sts .. If you think about it:

Iginla for 1st + prospect
Cammalleri for 1st + maybe a 3rd?
Kiprusoff for 1st + prospect
Bouwmeester for 1st + prospect
Giordano for 1st + prospect
Stemps 4 2nd?

Thats 5 firsts with the one we have as well... I personally wouldn't want to blow it up completely but if we happened to do this we could destroy this years draft..

If I we're management, I'd probably move just Iggy and Kipper (maybe Gio if the return is good). We should still keep some of the core.
Kipper may not be able to bring in a 1st round pick but he may net a 2nd and a 4th or something like that. GMs may be put off by his age, injury, etc. and a couple of lower picks would help mitigate the risk.

The points about getting these 1st round picks (And other picks for that matter) in the same draft are good ones. If you spread the picks out over three drafts you may build a deeper prospect list.

BTW - the way JBo is playing you may be able to get more than a 1st and a prospect for him. I'd aim for a 1st, mid-range prospect and a decent roster player. You may also have to take back a larger contract with that roster player but the 1st and prospect will be worth it.