Thread: Proposal: Leafs/Oilers trade proposal
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
14eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Can anyone explain to me why Bozak is supposedly significantly worse than Gagner?

Gagner has put up 41-49 points in each of his first five full years in the league. Bozak apears to be settling in at a scoring pace of roughly the same ~45 points a season (career average of .55 PPG). Sure, Gagner is off to a better pace this year, but he has five previous years of trending in the same range. Bozak plays a much better defensive game, has slightly more size, and is infinitely better at face offs (57% vs 41%)

Maybe you would give a slight value bonus to Gagner in a trade because of age, potential, and contract control, but when it came to a player on your team RIGHT NOW, Bozak is better.
Here's an explanation: using your stats for gagner being roughly 41-49 points for last five season, wanna explain to me how many points bozak has over the same 5 seasons, and the age difference??? when bozak was 23 he had 32 points with a -29 rating in 82 games, guess what gagner is 23 and already has 15 points in 12 games! so clearly gagner has better offensive output than bozak, that should be non debatable. I understand the value bozak posseses for Toronto, but honeslty saying he's comparable in a trade right now is ridiculous.

14eberle is offline   Reply With Quote