View Single Post
Old
07-12-2006, 05:10 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
No, it's not.

What I've been told is strictly David Legwand coming to Montreal.

On these forums, Sheldon Souray is mentioned in tons of trade rumors. In reality, I've not heard his name brought up a single time this summer.
what...are you tapping Bob's phone? How could you be so certain that it's "strictly Legwand?"

There's been no deal yet, by the time it's done (if it ever is) there could be three teams and six players involved.

it makes sense for the Preds to give up one of their many young defence prospects for a veteran defenceman at this point. They lost Eaton, Witt and Markov to free agency...I'm sure they don't want to enter the season with several sophomore/rookie defencemen. They could use another scoring presence up front if they deal Legwand...and the Habs aren't likely going to deal both Souray and Zednik for Legwand.

If they deal Legwand, either Upshall or Sullican replaces him. Zednik then replaces Upshall/Sullivan on the wing.

Nashville signed Arnott - they're going for it now while Kariya, Vokoun etc. are in their primes. I think the Parent +Legwand for Souray +Zednik + Cote makes the most sense.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote