View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
I don't have time right now to respond to everything in your post and it just starts getting too convuluted. Lets look at below so we can get down to brasstacks. I've bolded the instances I can agree with. Put parentheses in the ones that are off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
You keep saying this. But we now have indisputable evidence to show that the pattern is that the first line has played virtually every game against the opponents best offensive line. Here are the most common opponents when Nuge played

San Jose (2 games) Marleau, Thorton, Pavelski
Colorado (3 games) Duchene, Parenteau, McQuinn
Vancouver (2 games) Sedin, Sedin, XXX
Calgary (1 game) Iginla, Tanguay, Glencross
Phoenix (1 game) Vermette, Doan, XXX(As much as Doan is always the guy this is a scoring by committee team. Actually Hanzal, Vrbata, Boedker is the more potent scoring line. just saying.)
Columbus (1 game) Umberger, Brassard, Dorsett(with all due respect Columbus doesn't even have a topline imo. These are not typical topline opponents. )
Detroit (1 game) Brunner, Zetterberg, Fransen(Datsyuk, Fillupula, Kronwall are arguably just as good. In anycase exactly what I mean by a 1A, 1B configuration. Most important point being Datsyuk is arguably the best player in the world at the Center position. Gagner had the tough Datsyuk assignment)
LA (1 game) No real pattern
Dallas (1 game) Morrow, Benn, Jagr(Not sure what you're saying with this. Gagner saw way more minutes in that game against Benn, Jagr, Morrow. I think you need to recheck this)

There you go. 13 games played and the most common opponent for the first line was the other teams first line in 12 of those games.
So there you go. Not all of the above is as clear as you make it sound, and these are the case instances you've used to demonstrate your point that the topline is seeing appreciably harder opposition every night. Its less pronounced a difference then you make it sound. Like I say I agree with the bolded instances above but other than that..

As far as you last part on my convulutions, gawd, if you discover a cure for that one let me know. lol guilty, as charged..haha

Sometimes I just need to stick to the most obvious thing but which often comes to me later..

Last edited by Replacement: 02-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote