View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Not to be argumentative but I said impact players.

Price and Halak. Yes. Streit is solid but not an impact player. McDonagh and Subban are still too early to tell.

I like Pacioretty but again, not an impact player. Neither is Grabovski or Kostitsyn. They are good NHL players.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher have the potential to be the best picks made by Timmins. Galchenyuk was a no-brainer and Gallagher was a very nice pick.

The problem is that there are far too many players selected by Timmins who have gone nowhere or are just middle of the road NHL players.
I guess we have a different definition of what an impact player is.

But if you are going to dismiss anyone drafted with a top-5 pick as a no-brainer, then you are taking away a lot of good players from head scouts' resume throughout the league. Don't you then think that Timmins compares pretty well with them?

Also, Galchenyuk was far from a no-brainer. He could've ended up 10th overall. The guy had played 8 unimpressive games before the draft (very understandable, coming back from injury). The injury was a worry. There was very little sample to base a scouting report on. Taking him 3rd overall could've backlashed big time.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote