View Single Post
02-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered User
goalie29's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Your friend gave you the normal gloves for a right hand dominant person. It's called "regular", and catch right/blocker left is called "full right". What hand have you caught with when playing ball, assuming you've played ball? I've heard of righties playing full right, but don't know anyone in real life who does.

(insert obligatory suggestion to try asking at the Goalie Store bulletin board, there are a lot of very experienced, knowledgeable goalies there).

I'm right handed and play regular. I've had bad tennis elbow in my right arm, and holding my stick was extremely painful. You're constantly using the stick hand, much more than the catcher hand. It probably would have been less of a pain to have had it in my catcher hand side. YMMV, of course.

goalie29 is offline   Reply With Quote