View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Get Barrie in the return package to replace Del Zotto as an offensive threat from the defense.
Again, you say that like it's just that easy to do. This team has been trying to find a real PMD for 10 years. There have been PLENTY of times that we thought we had one. Gilroy. Sanguinetti. Pock. Tyutin. Staal. Girardi. Redden. Ozolinsh. Rachunek. And on, and on, and on. Guys like MDZ are significantly harder to acquire than guys like RO'R. The ONLY way to think that would be a good trade is if you assume that O'Reilly actually becomes a 65-75 point first line center (and I've seen nothing--at ANY level--that makes me think he has that potential) AND you assume that Del Zotto gets no better than he is today (a silly assumption to make, since he's been steadily improving since he entered the league).

I understand your concerns about center depth. I really do. That said, if the price for O'Reilly is MDZ, we should be shopping elsewhere. 90-100 forwards regularly put up 50+ points per year. There is no need to pay out the nose for THIS one just because he happens to be the flavor of the month.