View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
The way to unlock Eller's potential is to play him with competent scoring wingers. Has nothing to do with Gally. Attributing Eller's play to Galchenyuk is selling Eller short. Eller has played extremely well the last couple of weeks, but was playing with Moen and Armstrong. Eller has always produced playing with quality linemates, he did it with AK, he did with Desharnais this year for a couple of games and he is doing it again now that he's back with wingers/linemates with some actual skill. He should have been on a scoring line a long time ago. He really is a player we should be developing to his full potential. His defensive game is superb and it gives the habs another option outside of Plekanec to matchup against quality opposition.
I meant that we have too many players that aren't suited to Eller's game. It's not a shot at Eller, it's actually a compliment. We can put him with competent scoring wingers but, what I meant was, guys like Gionta aren't going to be good for him. Not all of our scoring wingers can keep up with how he plays the game.

He needs players who can play a give-and-go style, like Gally. I love the Prust - Galchenyuk - Eller line. When Gallagher's back, I'd be weary of moving Eller off it. Maybe Pacioretty - Plakanec - Gallagher on the other? Then we can do something like this:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Prust - Galchenyuk - Eller
Bourque - Desharnais - Cole
Moen - White - Armstrong

to give DD his two big wingers in Bourque and Cole. The problem is there's no room for Gionta. For me, we have to choose between DD and Gionta. We can't have both.