Thread: Sochi 2014
View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
MaximusT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton Fettel View Post
Do you guys really believe in our chances in 2014? To be honest unless home ice advantage turns into some incredible advantage for us, in which case we might stand a chance, but given our depth pool and the performance of our players recently, I don't see Russia even making it to the semifinal.

Do you think Frolov has a chance of making the team? He was pretty good for coach Bill back in 2004. And he seems to be playing pretty well this season, doubling his production since last year.
I share the same concerns. The thing with our team in 2010 was that our top talent was head and shoulders above the competition, and it more than made up for our crappy defense and subpar goaltending.

Fast forward to now, and there's surely a different picture. Our top end forwards are still great, but their overall level compared to 2010 has fallen a bit. Most notably being OV and Semin (though hes looked good this year so far). Malkin was obviously the best player in the world last year, and Kovy is still going to be great but other than that, our forward depth is lacking imo. I don't even wanna start with the defense.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote