View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Wait, are there more rumours about us getting MDZ or is it still the one from CBC?
CBC but elaborated on a little more today.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...nd-safety.html

Quote:
6. As mentioned on Hotstove Tonight, Colorado began the process of approaching teams it considers possible trade partners. One was definitely the New York Rangers. I had originally thought the deal involved Michael del Zotto and Derek Stepan for O'Reilly and another defenceman. However, it was strongly denied that Stepan was ever discussed, so I think I was wrong. The Denver Post's Adrian Dater has reported the Avalanche are not as interested in getting a centre back.

7. Even so, del Zotto is exactly the kind of player Colorado would want. Tyson Barrie's goal on Monday against the Nashville Predators was the first by an Avalanche blue-liner this season. I've been asked what defenceman the Rangers liked, but don't have a definite answer. Earlier this season, I'd heard New York was looking for a right-handed shot. However, del Zotto is a lefty.

8. I would not be surprised if Colorado approached the Florida Panthers, too.
Even though Freidman is saying he might be wrong about Derek Stepan, I had a hunch he was the forward involved in the rumored deal. Colorado has gone after more young players than it has prospects throughout this rebuild.