View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I gave my impression on him in the trade thread in regards to a Liles comparison, based on my limited viewings, and research into him. Boom Boom Geoffrion (a Rangers fan) seemed to think it was pretty accurate.

Basically he's a very good outlet passer, and uses this much more than purely rushing the puck like Liles, or even Barrie. He's got a bit of a physical and nasty edge to his game as well, and while he isn't a defensive dynamo, he is decent in this area, and doesn't have quite as much trouble with bigger forwards as a guy like Liles does.

He also has a very hard and quickly timed slapper, to go along with what appears to be a very quick and accurate wrister that he utilizes well. He jumps into the play well, and from what I've seen has very good stick handling and finishing moves like a forward in close.

Not quite an elite offensive defenseman at this point, but still with plenty of promise, and has grown his game a lot. I think he could make partner with EJ, and take some of the pressure of him to carry the puck and jump start the rush.

You can see some of his goals here in the NHL.com link, and the YouTube montage shows some of the edge to his game as well.

http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videoce...474584&lang=en

Watching that vid and seeing all those long passes, I see Duchene on the receiving end lol

Highlight vids are tough though because they only show the good stuff... I want to see the rest. I might have to find a ranger game on soon