View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 10:15 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Lost in all of this is Ryan Wilson though, what happens to him this year and beyond if we aquire MDZ, he was playing like a Top 4 Dman before he went down with the injury, and when he's playing well he plays like a good physical #3/4 Dman. I guess if he returns this year he'll probably play on the bottom pairing, but what about next year? What if Siemens surprises everyone in camp and makes the team?

I think we could see Wilson get moved at the deadline if he's playing again. With the emergence of Barrie and the possible acquisition of MDZ Wilson might have lost his spot in the Top 4. We could get a decent return for him I think, though it would have to be out east.
Wilson hasn't proven to be a top 4 defenseman by any means, so him losing his top 4 spot isn't that big a deal. He's a much better fit on the bottom pairing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I want some Panthers prospects rather than Del Zotto

MDZ's only signed through the end of next year, and I feel like we're 3-4 years away at least anyways. If MDZ were to play hardball next year and leave, we've solved nothing.
What's with the fascination with prospects? There's always the chance they never develop, and then you're left with nothing, as opposed to picking up proven young NHL talent. A guy like Del Zotto is only 22, it's not like in 3-4 years he couldn't be here. He'd probably be entering his prime then.