View Single Post
Old
02-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I
I like him but I don't love him. I think if we were to swap O'Reilly for him straight up, we'd lose the trade by quite a bit. I think Avs are right in asking for another valuable piece.
The problem that I alluded to in the other thread though, is that he may be the Avs best option for an offensive defenseman, which should be their priority.

What do you think a better option would be? I don't see a Bogosian, or Kulikov as a safer bet at all.

I agree they should try to get another piece out of the deal, and add something on their side though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post

Highlight vids are tough though because they only show the good stuff... I want to see the rest. I might have to find a ranger game on soon
This is absolutely true. I've seen some of his games, but not enough to give an accurate impression on his consistent defensive play. I don't get any impression that it's worse than a Liles, or Barrie, or an O'Brien, or Wilson, and think it's probably better than all of them. It's not a strength of his at this point, but Rangers fans have acknowledges the strides he's made in this area, and I think you could probably call it average at this point as a 22 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I want some Panthers prospects rather than Del Zotto

MDZ's only signed through the end of next year, and I feel like we're 3-4 years away at least anyways. If MDZ were to play hardball next year and leave, we've solved nothing.
He'll be an RFA in two years. The long ways off argument doesn't apply here at all.

I'll take him over Kulikov easily. Much safer bet and the same age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Well said, I agree.

That's why the Winnipeg deal is so much better. You get a decent forward as replacement (Little/Burmistrov) plus the chance to hit a real home run with a prospect like Jacob Trouba.
I disagree. I hate the idea of getting a redundant player like Little, and a totally unproven prospect in return for O'Reilly. Talk about an easy way to get burned. Isn't Trouba viewed as more of a shutdown guy with some offensive upside anyway? I think that kind of player is fairly easy to find, unless he breaks out big time offensively in the NHL.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 02-19-2013 at 11:40 PM.