View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
yeah, i dont really get the idea that chevy gets a free pass to do nothing but draft for the next however many years.....

we have a bunch of second/third round picks this year, but what are the odds that even one of them becomes an NHL player, never mind a good NHL player?.....pretty low.

I agree that we need to establish a good drafting record, but that can not be the only way forward....that is a very long term strategy and is more about establishing a culture for the future...how long do we wait until it is acceptable to believe that chevy should be trying to make the team better for the current season and not some distant future year?.....can we not expect that he do both?

i also dont buy that he has nothing to trade....i believe that enstrom and kane, both good players could be traded for more than their value to the team.....chevy has options to make the team better.....if he wanted to.

in a year and a half, he hasn't instilled me with confidence......his player acquisition is generally taking fliers on waiver players, hoping something sticks....i have HUGE doubt that scheifele will ever be a top 6 player in the NHL.....i just don't see what skill set he has to make him that.....we signed a goalie who let in the most goals in the NHL last season (191 - 30 more goals than the 4th worst goalie to put it in perspective) to a long term, high value contract....his back up is practically the only goalie in the league who had worse statistics last season.

in my opinion they need a 35 year old hard nosed, north american player to run the dressing room......they simply do not have that...its a problem.

i'm not willing to call for his head just yet...and the sky isn't falling, but personally, I don't believe its too early to begin formulating an opinion on his body of work....if this team ends up tanking by the end of the year, i will expect some major moves.
How many?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=659301

Not as doom and gloom as you might think.
2nd round 200 NHL games 28.6%
3rd " 23.3%

Adam Lowry looks like he might be the real deal drafted @ 3rd (67th overall) hit 40 goals
Scott Kosmachuk @ 3rd (70th overall) just hit 30 goals

Quote:
i have HUGE doubt that scheifele will ever be a top 6 player in the NHL.....i just don't see what skill set he has to make him that.....
He is on a tear down there in case you missed it...currently one a 2PPG pace if I am not mistaken, including a 6 point game hattrick and 3 helpers.

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote