View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
If trading Stastny meant keeping ROR, then it kinda fits this thread. My opinion is that defense (LHD preferred) and/or winger would be needed in return.
Well I don't want to get in any sort of trouble for going off-topic with offering a proposal...I realize there is a main board for that. However seeing this and Stastny's name brought up I thought it could fit into the guidelines of things.

That said - Henrik Tallinder is the odd man out in NJ and to my knowledge recently said *basically* "play me or trade me". Not bad a bad d-man...just a victim of our depth in the position. Great mentor and could help fill the void that that the EJ left. (Not that I'm comparing Tallinder to EJ.)

Now, would that be all that's needed straight up? Tallinder for Stastny? Would you guys need a prospect? a pick? NJ needs a center with Carter and Zubrus out (Zubrus does play center for us at times) and I feel NJ has the pieces needed to grab someone like a Stastny. His family has a lot of history with the Devils, I would love to see him here and if that means for you guys to keep ROR then by all means.

Plus I would hate to see ROR on the Rangers. (if this whole MDZ thing is true)