View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Under Martin, games in which the team were skating hard for every inch of space was rare to find, and once we got a lead, we get would suddenly get passive. This game against the Rags was truly a doozy, but I think that was more from it being a back-to-back.

But against Carolina, we were skating, getting sticks or something in the way, and putting ourselves in position to disrupt plays. It was not exciting, yet at the same, the players weren't just sitting back flat-footed.

And the passing is much better with this team, even from guys like Moen and Armstrong
Yeah true.

Martin didn't have the luxury of having that kind of a bottom six either though. But I know what you mean. They rush the puck carrier and dictate the play much more now than under Martin where they played more of a reactionary game.

I was one of the few that liked JM. But I like MT a lot more so far. I like how he eased Gally and Gally into important game situations and seems to be able to create confidence in young players. JM was a great tactician but lacked in that aspect.

The Habs are playing a style that is similar to what JM preached, but bench management is better under Therrien imo. The basic ideologies are similar though as far as I can tell so far.