View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:28 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
Forgot to comment about this. I whole heartedly disagree on the speed thing. Team speed is a major issue. When you're playing a team like the blackhawks and you can't do anything in the N zone, its about speed. Teams know our top 6 is slow and they capitalize on that hard. I'd venture to say we're the slowest in the league.

The Kings won last year in part of their team speed. They're not entirely super skilled on paper, but they have a roster that skates hard and doesn't give up on plays. Our team plays the slower, "smarter", more skilled game. The Red Wings of the real west. They can't get it done anymore either.
I am not trying to say we could not still improve in that area, we certainly could (Clowe, Murray...) I'm just saying it's not the glaring issue it used to be. Aside from Murray (who doesn't play every night) our D is now very mobile, and if you swapped Clowe for a decent skater you'd have a pretty quick forward group too. With the right strategy and buy in the team has the capacity to play a quick game now, they did not before.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote