View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 12:53 AM
les Habs

vCash: 500
A lot of talk in the "Barça" papers for Wednesday. Sounds like it comes from other Spanish sources, but this is where I saw them.

From SPORT:

-Ronaldo could leave Madrid when his contract is up so his agent Jorge Mendes can sell him off to the highest bidder. Florentino Perez, who is up for election again this Summer, could sell him and go after Isco, Silva, Cazorla, Carvajal and Bale. Neymar would be a possibility, but apparently he'd have to pay Santos and Barça both 50 million. Also reports that Mourinho has already agreed to leave in the Summer for 10 million.

From Mundo Deportivo:

-So Bild (I assume it's Bild, says "Sport Bild" in the article) did an interview with Hoeness about the Guardiola signing. Rummenigge met with Pep some time last Fall in Barcelona. Pep's brother and agent was in Munich "several times" as well. Hoeness met with Guardiola on Dec 20th and had a three hour conversation after which Pep apparently asked "do I sign now?" Hoeness had a contract signed by Rummenigge with him. During the conversation Pep told Hoeness he'd seen all Bayern's televised matches since August and had questions about training and relationships with the press. Hoeness said they talked tactics as well and Pep was very knowledgeable. He said "barely a moment had passed and I knew he was the perfect coach for us." Same day, and I guess Pep invited him to the Four Seasons, Sir Alex was there as well and wanted to say "hi" to Hoeness, but he didn't know Hoeness was meeting with Pep.

-Mourinho made a whirlwind trip to London on either Sunday or Monday.