View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:18 AM
ganave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidJazz View Post
My dad is quite proud of me as he thought I'd never get back into the sport. My dad is a hockey fanatic. Has played AAA and University, so he was quite good back in the day. It was tough for him to pull me out of peewee, but I realize now it was the right decision at the time. I now go back home and we play on the same D line during his rec games. He's 67 so I don't know how many more years he has left playing, so it's nice that I could get out and play with him a few more times.
I admit that until two years ago I wasn't a hockey fan (I live around Boston, so we had competition )

I really think that hockey may be the greatest sport. I'm a diehard baseball fan -- almost cult-like in my devotion. However, as a player, hockey is amazing because of its accessibility. I've never played a baseball game that had the same team spirit as the hockey team I play for. I still have a grin from letting the skaters know that I can give them a chance before the game started and delivering on it.

I can't believe that it took the first 30 years of my life to really find this sport. I kinda sorta want to play baseball again, but **** the feeling in the net... the sound of 24 blades churning up the ice...

I hope that some of my siblings take up the sport because I can't imagine how great it would be to play on the same team.

All of y'all are awesome!

ganave is offline   Reply With Quote