View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 01:34 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
In Dallas, he was more of a power forward. He would score most of his goals from in close and around the net. Would also block the goaltender's vision.

In Pittsburgh, he doesn't have to do that. He was switched to RW. Settles into open ice and gets fed by Malkin around the 20 foot range for wristers and one-timers.

At one point he was a PF. Now, because of circumstances, he is most definitely a sniper.
Eh, he wasn't really that much of a PF in Dallas either. He scored plenty of goals off the rush using his shot and off the cycle; I don't recall him being much of a net presence in Dallas, though he did from time to time.

I'm going to be really honest and admit that I haven't seen much of him in Pittsburgh aside from some goal highlights and so forth, but based on what little I've seen and what Pens fans say about his game it sounds more like a situation where a young goal scorer continued to get better because he wasn't close to a finished product when he left Dallas. Also, he was used at RW from time to time in Dallas, though not for an extended period of time, to varying degrees of success. The reason he was kept at LW in Dallas was because frankly, Eriksson can play both wings and was a better player at RW than Neal was.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote