View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 02:10 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Meh, probably a little too much value to Calgary but I like it. Solves the Blues first pairing LHD problem and gives them a third line center to move Steen to the wing. Also gives them a vet presence and depth defenseman for the playoffs and late season push.

Perron Backes Oshie
Tarasnko Berglund Stewart
Mcdonald Stajan Steen
Sobotka Nichol Reaves
Schwartz

Giordano Pietrangelo
Jackman Shattenkirk
Redden/Russel Polak
Sarich

Halak
Elliott
Allen

Looks good to me.
Definitely too much value to Calgary. D'Agostini and a 1st for Stajan + Sarich? That's fairly pointless for the Blues. I get that people were trying to balance what they perceived as imbalance in the Cole + Rattie for Giordano idea, but there is literally no reason from the Blues' perspective to balance like that. Add a 5th round pick if necessary, not a whole weird 1st + D'Ags for Stajan + Sarich addition. When you trade to get younger you add younger talent. Giordano > Cole, obvs, but they're both roster players and the difference is a high end prospect. Not a high end prospect AND a first, that is utterly ridiculous.

The alternative proposal to Cole + Rattie would be Cole + 1st for Giordano. Calgary's pick. Either load up on 1st rounders to help the rebuild or pluck a prospect who's been dominant for two years since his draft and has a proven chemistry with one of Calgary's prized prospects. Either Cole/1st or Cole/Rattie is fine by me, but Blues fans value Rattie VERY highly.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote