View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 04:02 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post

Spurgeon -Even is supporters have to admit he's limited. When side-by-side compared with Brodin, it's not even close. He's a very smart player and good puck-mover, but he fits best as the bottom-pairing Dman who can play special teams and move up when there is injuries
Didn't I get blasted for saying Spurgeon is a depth defenseman in the off-season? That he was limited and there were concerns?

Oh yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
The concern is the wear-and-tear on Spurgeon. He's going to be placed against the top lines and I have major concerns if he can stop a guy like Dustin Brown or Gabriel Landeskog or if they will just run him over. He can play the puck well and I would love to have him out on the PP unit but I just see him between 4-7. A guy that doesn't get the top line minutes but a good chunk of the 2nd or even 3rd pairing minutes and some PP minutes for his offense.
Hahah...Rynryn was close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
spurgeon will get hurt within three games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
From the Main Board...

About Wacky predictions...
Quote:
Granlund has a miserable debut campaign and is scratched several times.
Not so wacky now. Well, not necessarily miserable but bad.

Or this one:

Quote:
- The Calder goes to... Vladimir Tarasenko. Alex Galchenyuk and Mikael Granlund are the other nominees
Here's the thing, I'm not calling anyone out on this, it's just fun to look back. And why is this in the trade page? Oh right. The post about Spurgeon.