View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 05:59 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, he's all flash, IMO. If he can't do the hard and dirty work to score his points, he won't thrive as a professional. We had Brendan Shinnimin, an UDFA, in our camp a couple years ago. He scored like 130 points in 70 games his final WHL season. But his game isn't really suited to the pros, and he's a middling prospect in the AHL. I don't think St. Croix is a bad prospect, but I don't think he's anything to get excited about.

His offense has dipped this year as well. I will say, in his defense, that he has shown more of a focus on his two way play and defensive responsibilities in the two or three games I've watched this year (HockeyStreams is great, BTW ). He's just kinda "meh" to me. A fourth round pick that looks like a fourth round pick.

He's another guy that I've never been impressed with. He basically plateaued offensively as a 16-year old. The lack of progress is sort of alarming. I do need to watch him though...haven't seen him this year.
Natrually he hasn't progressed as we hoped, but he does at least play a pretty gritty game with a ton of intensity.

He is a tad too small to be a good prospect, but its not atleast impossible for him to make it as anything else than a scoring player.