View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 07:01 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Tinke said yesterday that Saarela glides (=liukua) well and has a good balance, I can agree with that. On the other hand Saarela's overall skating and on ice speed attributes could definitely be better, especially for a shorter guy. You are fooling yourself if you think that Saarela will have notably better mobility in comparison to Granlund. Both are typical Finnish "persjalka's" (=guys with short legs), better suited to wrestling and weight lifting than skating or ballet dancing.

Too early to say that I think. If Komarov can make it, Salomäki has a chance as well. Besides, what does that have to do with this topic?
Pretty much agreed with this. Saarela has pretty good skating with great balance and lateral movement but he isn't world class like Connor McDavid who is just phenomenal skater and that seperates them as an prospects.

Saarela isn't bad skater by any means i think that he has chance to have Kimmo Timonen like body and skating which will be enough.

What impressed me the most was his ability to read and predict plays, how strong he was and his intensity when he threw body, his offensive instincts especially how he constantly moved to great scoring places. He has very impressive shot and is big threat as playmaker or sniper. His assist was amazing. Hope he grows couple inches and keeps this intensity level. He reminds me from Elias Lindholm. His defensive game needs to be much better but he seem to be hard worker.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote