View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 08:13 AM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Tinke said yesterday that Saarela glides (=liukua) well and has a good balance, I can agree with that. On the other hand Saarela's overall skating and on ice speed attributes could definitely be better, especially for a shorter guy. You are fooling yourself if you think that Saarela will have notably better mobility in comparison to Granlund. Both are typical Finnish "persjalka's" (=guys with short legs), better suited to wrestling and weight lifting than skating or ballet dancing.

Too early to say that I think. If Komarov can make it, Salomäki has a chance as well. Besides, what does that have to do with this topic?
I think you're generalizing too much. If you look at Saarela's skating now and compare it to Granlund in his draft year (as 1.5 years older), Saarela is clearly ahead of Granlund in that department. Saarela has a much better skating stance and a more powerful stride. Even the "persjalka" guys will have different attributes in power, mobility, explosiveness, etc, and to me Saarela is ahead of Granlund when judging these attributes.

And I'm not sure what you saw, I think he looked pretty fast out there.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote