View Single Post
Old
02-20-2013, 07:14 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Jason Pominville plays for the United States. I know he was born in Quebec, but since you didn't include Stastny, I'm not completely sure why Pominville is included.
Pominville wasn't just born in Quebec, he was raised and trained in hockey there. He's a Canadian hockey player from Quebec, and his mother's nationality (along with being a late bloomer) is what enabled him to play for USA. Stastny was born in Quebec, but that's not where he was trained in hockey. He's an American hockey player.

I like the roster in the OP, though I think Perron has to make it over Gagne or Tanguay, and Talbot could get consideration as well. Jason Demers might be better than Bergeron in defence, as Quebec could use more defensive ability on the back end. The forward group is quite good with very good balance and lots of responsible forwards. The defence is suspect, but at least comparable with most of the European teams. Goaltending is pretty good. Quebec wouldn't be a favourite, but you wouldn't be thrilled to play them either.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote