View Single Post
02-20-2013, 08:14 AM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Many scouts point to Trouba’s decision-making as one of his greatest weaknesses. His decisions at times are erratic and he is sometimes slow to reacting to developing plays. Some scouts also have questions about Trouba’ hockey sense as well. But with maturity and development, Trouba should be able to improve in those areas.
Uh-huh. These are the same scouts who had Eberle as a late 1st and Justin Faulk in around the 50s. I've learned over the past 6 years to steer clear of what other people think, watch players play and form MY own opinion.

I haven't seen anything that suggests Trouba has any issues with decision making whatsoever.

Here is my pre-draft scouting report on him, ranked 5th overall:

#5 – Jacob Trouba, RD – US NTDP, USHL
With so many other great d-men available in this years draft, Trouba has maintained his top-10 draft status for the most part but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fall down a bit. That’s not due to his ability, it could just be the case of who likes who more like when Fowler and Gormley fell a few years back. Having said that, it would be a mistake. Watching this guy, I started out indifferent and he completely won me over. He’s does everything well and he does it with authority. He’s a great skater and open-ice hitter. He had to come out from the shadow of next year’s phenom franchise prospect Seth Jones and he was actually able to do it and impress. I’m sold on this guy, he’ll be a force.

UPSIDE: Top 4 Two-Way D-man