: Post-Game Talk:
Canadiens @ Rangers 2/19/13 - Moar Icing
View Single Post
02-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by
Now that I have calmed down a little bit here is what I saw:
1) Richards was awful, again. Cap hit of 6.7 and he is not a difference-maker when he is on the ice. Players like Kovalchuk, Parise, Getzlaf, Staal, etc. are consistently using their skills to be difference makers whether they score or not. If Richards does not score or assist on anything, he is useless.
2) Gaborik no longer goes to any dirty areas of the ice to score goals.
3) Boyle on the 3rd line is a terrible position for him to be in. He is a very good 4th liner. 3rd is too high. Also, Pyatt and Boyle on the same line is a bad idea. Too slow.
4) MDZ is overrated because he is a "puck-mover" and yet he lacks any sort of puck-movement skills. Look at Markov or Diaz or Subban. Those are puck-movers.
5) Miller and Kreider are not ready for consistent NHL duties.
6) The team lacks anyone who can bring energy to the team when they are lacking it. Still lacking a Chris Neil, Brandon Prust, Steve Ott-type of player.
this is why Sather should have traded for Steve Ott instead of signing old vets like Asham
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Punxrocknyc19*